Objectives, Privacy and ANBI
Objectives Wijdekerk foundation
1. Looking after the interests of LGBT+ people and their surroundings in Christian circles in the Netherlands and making sure that everybody is treated equally within all churches of the Netherlands.
2. Calling for churches to provide information about their policy towards LGBT+ people.
3. Providing a platform to create awareness about the done damage towards LGBT+ people in various Christian circles.
4. Organising activities for LGBT+ people to be heard and taking their righteous position in the face of God.
5. Connecting LGBT+ Christians.
6. Creating a platform for LGBT+ people to share their stories without censorship. Safety and the possibility of anonymity are important too us.
7. All activities that contribute to working towards the above points.
Our activities and financial report are found in our policy plan (Dutch).
Hiring policy for volunteers
Wijdekerk Foundation has over thirty volunteers. Together they form the heart of our organization. In order to ensure that we hire volunteers who have honourable intentions, we use a short procedure: our hiring policy.
The new volunteer first meets a member of the board. The volunteer signs the letter containing our vision (Dutch). For every volunteer a Certificate of Good Behaviour is requested.
Wijdekerk is thankful to be able to offer support to people and organizations that need it. We do so as a team, together with the partners in our network. Together we are Wijdekerk. We pray that our efforts help to make The Netherlands a safer place for LHBT+-persons. May God's love shine through us.
Wijdekerk Foundation has two external confidential advisors: Ellemieke Tempelaar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Els van der Naalt (email@example.com). They are the first people to contact in order to report a case of (suspected) transgressive behaviour by a volunteer of Wijdekerk Foundation.
We treat all the information that you give us confidentially. Personal details or addresses will only be used for aims that you have agreed upon. Read our privacystatement (Dutch).
Wijdekerk received in February 2020 the ANBI status. The effective date was backdated to January 1, 2019.